Starbound Entertainers Festival 2018
The Comps-Online registration system is easy to use and allows parents/teachers/competitors to register for all sections of the competition in one transaction.If you need to leave at any time during the registration process, simply log out and your information will be automatically saved, so you can complete later on.
Step 1 – Navigate to Comps-Online
Read through the following steps and then click here or select the “Click here to Register Now” button. You will be redirect to the Comps-Online website where you will need to find the Starbound Entertainers Festival event and Click the LOGIN button next to the competition name.
Step 2 – Login or Create account
If you already have an account with Comps-Online, just login. Otherwise select Click Here to Create a New Account. Once you have filled in your details, you will be emailed a confirmation document that activates your account. Then you can simply login.
Step 3 – Competitor’s Names
This is where you enter all the performers names for registration.
Step 4 – Sections/Divisions
This is where you select the required section for each performer.
Step 5 – Competitor Passes
This is where you register the performer’s name for a Competitor’s Pass. This is compulsory for all Performers.
Step 6 – Sponsorships
If you would like to sponsor a section this can be done here.
Step 7 – Payments Page
Proceed to the payment page to review your entry summary and click to accept the terms and conditions of the competition (compulsory). Once you click submit under this option, you will be transferred directly to PayPal where you can choose to pay with your credit card or PayPal account. An invoice will be emailed to you confirming that your registration has been received.
Please Note: If you do not receive an invoice within 1 hour in your Inbox or in your Junk Mail folder, please contact Comps-Online Technical Support on (03) 9841 5940. All of your information will be securely stored on the Comps-Online website for future competitions and events. Registrations for this competition can only be accepted once full payment has been received.
22nd June – 7th July 2018
Closing Date 1st May 2018
21st September – 30th September 2018
Closing Date 1st August 2018
- Solos $12
- Duos $20.00
- Trios $20.00
- Championships $25.00
- Face of StarBound $20.00
- Groups, Schools $18.00
- Compulsory Emailed Program $5.00
- Program $8.00
- Compulsory Competitors Pass $5.00
Admission to Venues
Adults $10.00 per session Child/Concession $5.00 per session (Must present identification) Adult 1 Day Pass $25.00 Child/ Concession 1 Day Pass $12.00 Season Ticket (excluding concert) Adult $80.00 Season Ticket (excluding concert) Child/Concession Pass $50.00 *Teachers with students performing may sign for and receive a complimentary Teacher’s Admission Card. NB: only 2 per participating studio.* Additional Teacher’s passes $5.00 each
Conditions of Entry
RULES & REGULATIONS
- (a) Competitors may compete in their own age section and in the age section above, but are not permitted to repeat any performances (b) If a section is unavailable in a competitor’s age group, they may compete in the closest age (up an age group) division available. But may not compete down an age group. (c) Groups must have a reasonable percentage of dancers in the age of the section they are entering.
- Age of competitor is AS AT JANUARY 1, in the year of participation.
- Late entries are accepted ONLY UP UNTIL 1 WEEK after the official closing date at Double Fee.
- No competitor may appear more than once in a solo section, twice in a duo section with a different partner and twice in a group section.
- Championship entry – Competitors must have competed in at least 2 previous Solo Sections to be eligible
- All competitors are required to report to the back stage manager prior to the commencement of their section.
- The committee reserves the right to alter or amend the programme in any way and at any time; to refuse entry, cancel any entries, refund entry fees (for special reasons to be supplied by the person making the entry), or cancel any event where entries are insufficient to continue with that particular section.
- The committee reserves the right to appoint a substitute adjudicator (if for some reason, either personal or impersonal, the need may arise.)
- In all duo sections, the names of both partners must be stated on the entry form, but one partner may be substituted. The convenor must be notified for approval at an early stage.
- Protests must be made in writing and lodged with the Convenor or other responsible committee member within one hour of the completion of the relevant section, accompanied by a fee of $10 (Please do not approach the adjudicator). This will be refunded if the protest is upheld. Any protest or objection of a technical nature shall be referred to a protest committee for settlement, and its decision will be final and accepted without further question. A protest will only be accepted from a competitor, the competitor’s teacher or competitor’s parent.
- All competitors take part in the eisteddfod at their own risk. “Star Bound” accept NO responsibility for any accidents/injury to any persons associated with the festival, either as a Competitor, Volunteer, or member of the General Public, at any time.
- NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED TO THE OFFICIAL PROGRAMME AFTER THE CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRIES EXCEPT IN THE CASE OF COMMITTEE ERROR.
- Unless for reasons approved by the Convenor or committee, personal communication with, or representations to, the adjudicator during the festival is strictly prohibited. This applies equally to competitors, teachers, parents, friends, spectators at the festival, or other interested parties. The committee will consider disqualification of any competitor involved in a breach of this rule.
- In the interest of fairness, performers who have been a pupil of the adjudicator during a period of 12 months prior to the festival are not eligible to compete.
- No person shall be permitted to enter or leave the hall whilst any performance is in progress, or whilst adjudication is taking place, as this may cause a disturbance for the competitors.
- There is no minimum time limit. Maximum time limits will be enforced.SOLOS -3 minutes, SONG & DANCE + DUOS – 4 minutes GROUPES – 5 minutes
- Backing tracks/cd must be used for Vocal/Musical Theatre/Song & Dance sections.
- Props must be kept to a minimum to avoid delays between items.
- VIDEOGRAPHY The taking of Video by cameras, video cameras or mobile phone cameras of any performance is strictly forbidden. This is a rule of the Child Protection Act. We provide a professional service that is covered by the QLD Government Service, and is registered under the Blue Card screening system. The Videography is arranged by the StarBound committee and with the consent of the Parent/Teacher prior to the performance. Should this rule not be adhered to then this may result in disqualification. Any device with a screen is strictly forbidden to be used by audience members during any performance
- MOBILE PHONES MUST BE SWITCHED OFF UPON ENTRY TO THE HALL.
- The adjudicator reserves the right to terminate a competitor’s performance at any time for whatever reason.
- The adjudicator may exercise discretion to withhold one or more prizes in any section of the festival.
- Competitors, teachers and parents must vacate backstage immediately after the performance.
- It is the Teachers’ responsibility to ensure that Parents or Carers are aware of these Rules and Conditions
- Events can only be timetabled after close of entries when we know the total number of participants, so exact dates and times cannot be given in advance.
- NOVICE SECTIONS: are for competitors that have not placed 1st 2nd or 3rd in any dance competition as at the 1/1/2018. Entrants in Novice sections may not repeat a dance in any other section.